What's new

MerlinAU MerlinAU v1.1.1 - The Ultimate Firmware Auto-Updater (Now available in AMTM)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did look at that but you are right, I misread it, my apologies!

Yep. :oops:

Got it; all good. Was sort of thinking by extension from Beta to Release, if it went one way it would also do Alpha to Beta, but Q16 rules that out as you rightly point out. No worries.

No worries, the goal is to try and communicate as clearly as possible, but understand I am no technical writer, also French is my first language.
So if you know of any improvements feel free to suggest!

Really this part I think answers your question best:

"Ensuring that only stable firmware versions that have completed beta testing are automatically flashed onto your router.
This design choice prevents the automatic update to beta firmware, ensuring that your router maintains a stable and secure operation.
Users seeking to experiment with beta firmware must manually download and install these versions."

Now on the point of question 7, it really is all about priority and nothing else :)
We wanted people to understand that just because your on version 388.7 beta1, that the script knows you aren't already on "388.7" release version, and do nothing about it. 388.7 = 388.7?

The script has to prioritize, the official releases over the betas and alphas.
Hope that explains better in detail.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hope that explains better in detail.
Actually I think this was probably more a case of me skim-reading the FAQ, rather than any explanation being missing or being unclear. Merci beaucoup :).

I was just so excited about testing this out (on my local system) and I have another reason for that; your Web Server idea is a fantastic option for those of us silly enough to contemplate doing FW updates on remote devices, because it essentially changes it from a remote update, to a local one.

To date I have been using a VPN to update the firmware on a remote system 9000km away via the WebGUI (yup, totally silly), holding my breath and hoping it does not go TU. Your script and local Web Server / FW Backup gives me more confidence that this can be done essentially "locally", using the local USB drive etc. Hopefully I have not misunderstood this :).

Last edited:
Actually I think this was probably more a case of me skim-reading the FAQ, rather than any explanation being missing or being unclear. Merci beaucoup :).

I was just so excited about testing this out (on my local system) and I have another reason for that; your Web Server idea is a fantastic option for those of us silly enough to contemplate doing FW updates on remote devices, because it essentially changes it from a remote update, to a local one.

To date I have been using a VPN to update firmware remote system 9000km away via the WebGUI (yup, totally silly), holding my breath and hoping it does not go TU. Your script and local Web Server / FW Backup gives me more confidence that this can be done essentially "locally", using the local USB drive etc. Hopefully I have not misunderstood this :)

Totally fine!

I personally use this script to manage my families routers remotely as well as my "side gigs" router.
I know exactly the feeling your describing, as I too would start it remotely over RDP and just hold my breath once the network went down that it would come back up and everything went according to plan.

This is one of the many reasons, I believe this tool to be useful. It's a fantastic use-case as I know my co-developer Martinski would agree. (IIRC he also uses it to manage friends and family remotely.)
This tool not only takes the burden off your shoulders, but does it safely and reliably

We've always put a priority on safety when developing this, and on all the routers and all the firmware's we've put to the test at no point as this been an issue to date. 🙂
The idea is all you gotta do once this is installed is review the changelogs once in a while for new releases, and you can go to sleep and trust it will do its job overnight safety and correctly.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!