What's new

News Mirai DDoS malware variant expands targets with 13 router exploits [D-Link, TP-Link Archer, Yealink, Zyxel...]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PR3MIUM

Currently a D-Link could be ByPassed with no Password and a Exploit maybe on all, like a never Fixed Exploit since 19xx !

Source:

Also better remove Adobe and Java completly or Block it if you dont use it,
This exploit looks like a old from 2000 like VNC 4.1.1 Remote Desktop or a exploitable Serv-U to take over a FTP Server like the Tool AZRAEL [non public haxx0r T00l] :cool:;)

Last edited:
Most will have likely already patched their firmware by now - though I'm not going to investigate that.

Stories, behind paywalls, are beyond dumb. Wired will soon enough be of history.

Stories, behind paywalls, are beyond dumb. Wired will soon enough be of history.
Didn't realize it was behind a paywall. Sorry. I am a subscriber.
I don't share your opinion of Wired. I've found many of their long articles to be excellent journalism.
And paywalls, are not dumb. Good journalism costs money. Journalists gotta eat, too.

And paywalls, are not dumb. Good journalism costs money. Journalists gotta eat, too.
And Wired probably has their articles written by actual journalists rather than amateur bloggers doing it on their spare time out of boredom.

Just like there's a difference between the books that I buy from Kobo at $10 versus fan fiction posted on a public forum.

I support and appreciate great journalism too. With paper books.

Online, it is hard to allow myself to be nickel and dimed to poverty.

A story as important as what you linked should be in the public domain by now, I believe.

I support and appreciate great journalism too. With paper books.

Online, it is hard to allow myself to be nickel and dimed to poverty.

A story as important as what you linked should be in the public domain by now, I believe.
The time and effort put into writing something are the same, regardless of how it is published.

The logic of your last statement escapes me. By that reasoning, content creators have strive to write "unimportant" stories, so that they can earn a living.

I'll let you have the last word, as you usually do,

The time and effort put into writing something are the same, regardless of how it is published.

The logic of your last statement escapes me. By that reasoning, content creators have strive to write "unimportant" stories, so that they can earn a living.

I'll let you have the last word, as you usually do,
Wired is good enough.

Last edited:
People complain about ads, then complain about paywalls. But quality content isn’t free. And the detailing of a malware/botnet operation isn’t the same as a public service announcement that one exists and what mitigations are available.

And the detailing of a malware/botnet operation isn’t the same as a public service announcement that one exists and what mitigations are available.
Exactly. The important information is freely available and not behind a paywall (as is always the case).

In this particular case it was reported over three months ago. So I'm not sure why this was posted as "News".

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!