What's new

Most Stable FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danish

Occasional Visitor
What is the most stable firmware currently out for the ac66u? I spent a few months away from these forums and tinkering with my router in general. I've been running 4.372 and it drops 5ghz wifi often, but works great with the xbox. I'm getting the Note 3 this week which utilizes wireless ac so I wanted the most stable connection. Thank you

For what i can say, using media brigde mode, the only rock solid 24/7 stable firmware prior to current release was 270.26b from Merlin

The actual release, 374_726 seems stable to me, aswell as the merlin builds based on 720 code.

In my setup, did not have any drops on 5Ghz. I only noticed stability issues (random resets) on media bridge, and with the actual repeater mode seems totally fixed (but we lack HW Acceleration, can be a small drawback)

I suggest you to update to 726 (if you do not need any of the merlin firm improvements) and try a Factory reset. In the worst case, you will lose 15 minutes. In the best, may solve some problems.

I vote as we'll .270

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latest merlin build has been rock solid on 5ghz with my ac66 .

What is the most stable firmware currently out for the ac66u? I spent a few months away from these forums and tinkering with my router in general. I've been running 4.372 and it drops 5ghz wifi often, but works great with the xbox. I'm getting the Note 3 this week which utilizes wireless ac so I wanted the most stable connection. Thank you

I have the AC56U....and only truly stable firmware is stock....wish it weren't true...

One thing I wish that Asus (actually, all brands)would included as a standard feature is the ability to TURN OFF the LEDS.

I know merlin's firmware can do it, but you would think such a basic option would be included in stock.

I have my router in my bedroom, and have to put black tape over all the front leds and rear port lights..

One thing I wish that Asus (actually, all brands)would included as a standard feature is the ability to TURN OFF the LEDS.

I know merlin's firmware can do it, but you would think such a basic option would be included in stock.

I have my router in my bedroom, and have to put black tape over all the front leds and rear port lights..
The AC68U has a button on the back that turns off the LED's. However, in order to use Turbo mode the button is switched from LED control to Turbo mode when in or on and normal mode when out or off. If you are using Turbo mode that means that you are running Asuswrt-Merlin so all you have to do is enable stealth mode.

The AC68U has a button on the back that turns off the LED's. However, in order to use Turbo mode the button is switched from LED control to Turbo mode when in or on and normal mode when out or off. If you are using Turbo mode that means that you are running Asuswrt-Merlin so all you have to do is enable stealth mode.

The only buttons on the AC56U is the power button, wps and wifi button.

He is asking about AC 66 ,not the 56 , latest Merlin has been rock solid , 10 days now on my AC 66

I know....but I am just sharing my experiences with Merlin in general.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!