What's new

Move Over DNS-323: D-Link DNS-321 Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I thought I was crazy... thank you

The loss of share permissions is not related to the number of hard drives. I have two drives (standard formatting) and I also lose my permissions on reboot (and any backup schedules I created). Tech support told me to try JBOD formatting.
Why they can't retain settings with standard formatting is a mystery, and it sure gives me a low opinion of D-Link.

When I rebooted I had to re-map the shared volumes. I thought I may have been doing something wrong. It's just a monir annoyance but I cant believe that D-Link won't come up with a fix for this in the form of a firmware update. Boo! >:-O

Danger, will robinson! Danger!

Hello. I'm a newbie to NAS and I have a question.

I put in a single 1 TB samsung in this NAS, and now, I would like to buy another harddrive (also a 1 TB samsung) and set up a RAID 1. Do I have to backup and clear the current drive, set up the raid and then load the NAS? Or is there an easier way?

Ask yourself this, "Can I afford to lose everything on my existing drive?" --Thought so. (Otherwise you wouldn't be asking.)

So, back up (whatever's important to you) on that existing drive!

Murphy will bite your @$$ on this one !!!

Hey buddys, I'm really concern on buying one DNS-321... but I'm in doubt, is any difference nowadays between DNS-321 and DNS-323? Excluding the USB port... I have googled about it, but I couldnt find much... I really need the bittorrent client, and I found some people that said that installed transmission on DNS-321. Is it possible to do all hacks (DNS-323) on DNS-321?? The DNS-321 is about 40 buck cheaper..
thanks in advance guys

Drives Over 1TB

I just plugged in my DNS-321 and it did not correctly list my 1.5TB Samsung Spinpoint drives. The interface listed them as 0MB drives. The firmware shipped was 1.00. After upgrading the firmware to 1.03, the drives are displaying correctly as 1500MB. I wanted to post this so that others do not think this is still a limitation.

I have a couple 500gb SATA drives kicking around and with the DNS-321 being on sale @ TigerDirect, I'm about > < this close to pulling the trigger on one of these for my first NAS.

Any thoughts as to why the SNB tests didn't seem to show any deficiencies as far as network speed for the 321, but most of the negative reviews I read around the 'Net seem to focus on it having fairly low network speed despite having a gigabit port?

TIA,

Monte

The review was done some time ago and it performed on par with other products of the same generation. The product is quite slow now by current generation standards.

The review was done some time ago and it performed on par with other products of the same generation. The product is quite slow now by current generation standards.

Any new tests in near feature? I just hope that Dlink DNS-325 will be faster and without the files locking problems.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!