What's new

MTU setting in GT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gregh

Regular Contributor
I want to change the MTU setting in this router but I can't find the setting (if there even is a setting). I have looked through the menus but can't seem to find the setting. Can this be changed?
Thanks, Greg

It would normally be under WAN - Internet Connection > Special Requirement from ISP, unless you're using PPPoE when it's under Account Settings.

I want to change the MTU setting in this router but I can't find the setting (if there even is a setting). I have looked through the menus but can't seem to find the setting. Can this be changed?
Thanks, Greg

Once you change it on the WAN and apply/save, reboot the router, I've noticed that the LAN/wireless interfaces don't always update without a reboot. You want the LAN to match so your hosts can detect the correct MTU.

It would normally be under WAN - Internet Connection > Special Requirement from ISP, unless you're using PPPoE when it's under Account Settings.
Thanks. I did check but there is no MTU setting there. I am not using PPPoE

Once you change it on the WAN and apply/save, reboot the router, I've noticed that the LAN/wireless interfaces don't always update without a reboot. You want the LAN to match so your hosts can detect the correct MTU.
i cant find the MTU setting, thus my question.

connection type for WAN is "automatic IP".
If it doesn't show up where I said I can only assume it's not available because of some hardware limitation.

I want to change the MTU for my local network to increase performance or do some testing etc.
If you want to change the MTU of your LAN devices then you don't do it on the router, you do it on the clients. You should also change LAN - Switch Control > Jumbo Frame to Enable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!