What's new

N66 in repeater mode, just displaying "please wait".

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pkbristol

Regular Contributor
I'm playing with my N66 in wireless repeater mode, repeating from my AC68 which is broadcasting 2.4 and 5. I'm using my laptop connected via ethernet to my N66.
So i've done a factory reset on my old N66, then put it into repeater mode, did a scan, found the network being broadcast from my AC68 (only the 2.4, cannot repeat the 5, is that correct ?), connected, typed in the password etc, left all settings on N66 as default, ie default gateways etc page, ssid names the same (apart from the RPT which is automatically added) then when i save, the screen just stays on "Please wait, the RT-N66U is connecting to (my network).
Using one of my android devices with wifi analyzer app i can see the new RPT network, both 2.4 and 5.
I also have an android device with ipwebcam app streaming to my desktop pc, i can connect that android device to my 2.4RPT network and it shows up, i can see the stream on my desktop pc, so i know the RPT network is working/live. I cannot yet see that android on my phone as if i was viewing remotely,ie, not on my wifi.
If i close the browser on my laptop i can't log back in to my N66.
The reason for me doing this experiment is because one of my ip cameras is right on the edge of my property, in an out building looking back at my house, at that location there are many 2.4 frequencies from my neighbours, so i want to put my N66 there as a repeater, i'm thinking that my N66 can "grab hold" of my AC68 wifi better than the android device can at that distance, i can then connect the android to my N66, which will be a few feet away.
But am i correct i thinking will need to alter some settings on my N66 to allow remote (outside of my lan) viewing of that ip camera ?
I haven't got that far yet due to not being able to log back into my N66.
On my AC68 i'm using Merlins 380.62.0
On my N66 i'm using Merlins 380.62.0
Can anyone advise ?
Thanks, Paul.

I'm a twat, the AC68 gives the N66 a new ip address, i log in with that DUH!!.
Hopefully this will help someone else.

Paul.