What's new

Need help with IPSet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jay Culley

Occasional Visitor
I am running the script referenced below for IP blocking but I cannot find an example of /jffs/scripts/ipset.txt
Does anyone know where I can find that, the format it needs to be?

ipset script: http://pastebin.com/FasEQ2NE

Sorry for being such a noob.

Have you turned on : Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs

Yes, Jffs enabled. Running a script already to modify vsftpd.conf to enable logging, added firewall rules to firewall-start for Transmission ptp.
Entware installed with mc, iftop, nanao, htop
latest fw 380_64_1

thanks

I expect it will look something like this:
Code:
; Spamhaus EDROP List 2017/01/08 - (c) 2017 The Spamhaus Project
; https://www.spamhaus.org/drop/edrop.txt
; Last-Modified: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 14:08:00 GMT
; Expires: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 15:03:49 GMT
27.112.32.0/19 ; SBL237955
37.9.53.0/24 ; SBL273113
41.71.171.0/24 ; SBL260492
41.71.176.0/23 ; SBL260482
41.71.178.0/24 ; SBL260491
41.71.184.0/22 ; SBL260485
You can get ipset to generate one for you with:
Code:
ipset save -f ipset.txt

Last edited:
Thanks Nurrophile. ipset gened up an empty file, but that's ok, I just pasted in the data from th Spamhaus link to get started. I cannot mess with the routers until like 2:30 am, couple work from home vpn connections and i just cannot interrupt my teenage daughters lifeline to the world! Going to try to get this going tonight. I am only going to set up ipset on the 5300 core router, the n66 is in AP mode so I just flash it to the latest merlin FW, install entware, tcpdump, nano and then pretty much leave it alone.

Thanks Nurrophile. ipset gened up an empty file, but that's ok, I just pasted in the data from th Spamhaus link to get started. I cannot mess with the routers until like 2:30 am, couple work from home vpn connections and i just cannot interrupt my teenage daughters lifeline to the world! Going to try to get this going tonight. I am only going to set up ipset on the 5300 core router, the n66 is in AP mode so I just flash it to the latest merlin FW, install entware, tcpdump, nano and then pretty much leave it alone.