What's new

Netgear GS305EPP Port 4 Untrusted?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ds5686920

Regular Contributor
I want to plug a TV into Port 4 with ethernet cable on Port 4 and have it be tagged #2 Untrusted IoT (Using Firewalla Gold router/firewall). The problem no matter how configure the PVID the TV is put in #1 Trusted. Is hardware port tagging possible?

Is hardware port tagging possible?

That switch has 802.1Q-based Level-2 network capabilites.

Yes, the GS305EPP is capable of port tagging. Make sure you have enabled and configured 802.1Q (advanced) VLAN configuration. Follow Netgear instructions. Many youtube videos on the same subject.

Yes, I am using Advanced 802.1Q VLAN. The TV is ethernet cable so it won't be tagged with VLAN tag by an AP. I want the port to tag the device but cannot figure out how to do in the PVID table. VLAN1 is trusted. VLAN2 is untrusted. PVID is 1, 2* for Port #4 and I expect the TV to tagged as VLAN2 but is VLAN1. Any other ideas? Thx

Well, after fiddling with the PVID it now works as expected. I didn't make any value different just selected APPLY on Port 4 PVID and now works. Maybe config file was gummed up. The * denotes default Tag.

Looks like Port 4 went bad...Right Light is solid AMBER though only Port 1 has POE enabled. Probably why I was having so much trouble!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!