What's new

New AC66U Owner with HTC One

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

samhain1

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

First post, hello :)

I am struggling to set up my router, I can't quite get my head around the router setting, the access point setting or media bridge. I am a sky broadband user in the UK which means I need to keep the sky router in the chain connected to my phone line. I have switched the wireless 2.4Ghz signal off on the sky router and want to use the Asus as the main wireless for the house.

The cabling I have working is that the ethernet cable from the PC goes to one of the yellow ports on the back of the Asus router. Then I have another ethernet cable going from the blue (wan I think it is) on the Asus to the yellow connection on the sky router.

I received my new shiny HTC One today which has for the first time an AC receiver in it so that I can now use the ASUS wireless ac for use with the phone.

When I connect the phone my link speed is about 40 Mbps but my link speed with the 2.4 network is 72Mbps.

It strikes me that my AC is not broadcasting or I have no idea what settings I need to have to be able to connect and use the AC bandwidth.

Also, whenever I make a change in the router from access point to media etc, then the IP address appears to change and I can no longer connect to the router. So the 192.168.1.1 becomes something completely different or missing and I don't know how to recover that.

When I do an ipconfig /all at the command prompt the IP address is blank

Thanks in advance

Stu

I'm in the U.S. I would say put the RT-AC66U in bridge mode. This thread looks similar to what you want to do, and you can see the solution outlined about 2-3 posts from the end of the thread:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-...ridge-sr101-find-alternative-adsl-router.html

I'm using a different modem obviously, but this is essentially how I set my RT-AC66U up in bridge mode and it has worked equally well for me ever since.

Also, I don't know what the IP of your Sky modem is, but my ISP's modem's IP address was 192.168.1.1 so I just changed the IP address on my RT-AC66U to 192.168.2.1 to avoid the conflict.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!