What's new

New AC68U firmware available on Asus Site -3.0.0.4.374.371

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DarthOps

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I'm new here, hello!

Just noticed the following firmware release on the ASUS site. I can't check the download as I'm currently at work.

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.371
Fixed:
1. Fixed NAT loopback issue while CTF enabled. Special thanks to Merlin's contribution.
2. Fixed OpenVPN UI related issues.
3. Parental control: Fixed the whole week blocked issues.
4. Enabled WPS button in AP mode.
5. Fixed potencial buffer overflow issues.

Modified:
1. Display WPA2-Enterprise & WPA-AUTO-Enterprise in guest network.
2. Upgrade the MiniDLNA version to 1.1.1
3. Modify the system log information for Time machine .

Added:
1. Malaysia U Mobile information in 3G/4G.

IPv6
1. Performance fix in netlink message processing.
2. Fixed invalid IPv6 hostname parsing resulting from dnsmasq lease file format change.
3. Modified IPv6 address printing UI.
4. Reset IPv6 prefix length for IPv6 Native type

UK Site Link : http://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RTAC68U/#support

man, still no fix on the 20/40MHz bandwidth? In addition, Asus took off the 339 FW from its website.

Last edited:
I am holding off on flashing this new version. Atium Bead is running great for me. Whenever I can download HD video faster than I can view it I tend not to mess with new firmwares. That is at least until see others report that it is running well without major issues.

Why why do they do this??? It is very annoying...
I can't download 374.371 either. Going on 4 hours now with the "file not found" error. Asus needs to step up their game. Very unprofessional.

man, still no fix on the 20/40MHz bandwidth? In addition, Asus took off the 339 FW from its website.

Always save all firmware releases to a cd or flash drive just for this reason. When you find one that works for you use it and never change unless there is a security issue. Newer is NOT always better..

Something is wrong with the webserver in this release. In Chrome I get blank fields for SSID and shared key. Safari works a little better (less glitches). Otherwise everything is working fine. Another semi-issue is back. When you have ipv6 tunnel running, the system log gets filled with the following:
kernel: pch ==NULL.

The Good: Using 802.11ac I saw peaks of up to 65MB/s. That's a new personal record.

Last edited:
Something is wrong with the webserver in this release. In Chrome I get blank fields for SSID and shared key. Safari works a little better (less glitches). Otherwise everything is working fine.

if you using password manager, like LastPass, you get blank fields for ssid, or shared key.

i am just wondering what is the advantage to use IPV6?

This is a long and complicated question.

The short answer: right now, the average user gains nothing at all.

The slightly longer answer: IPv6 will eventually replace IPv4, so right now for people to test things out, some ISPs are supporting both. They often provide you with a /64 subnet, meaning you get more static IPs for you to play with than the whole IPv4 Internet currently has.

The detailed answer: it would take pages and pages of text to explain the differences between IPv4 and IPv6. I recommend hitting Google, there are a lot of write ups on this topic. IPv6 has a lot of improvements over IPv4, but there's a learning curve (and a deployment pain) associated to it.

Finally! NAT loopback and VPN UI issues are gone

I can confirm NAT loopback works now with HW Acceleration enabled. Also, the VPN client connections now stay put after refreshing the page or switching tabs back and forth. Good job Asus... Still waiting for some improvements on the 2.4G signal thou.

I can confirm NAT loopback works now with HW Acceleration enabled. Also, the VPN client connections now stay put after refreshing the page or switching tabs back and forth. Good job Asus... Still waiting for some improvements on the 2.4G signal thou.

We are looking into fixes on 2.4Ghz affecting some environments and setups. There will be another update soon.

Merlin assisted us with NAT loopback fix, so thank him as well.

We are looking into fixes on 2.4Ghz affecting some environments and setups. There will be another update soon.

Thanks to Merlin and Asus then. Asusnet, when do you see that other update hitting the website? Anytime this week?

Why dont Asus look into the fact they still have no ipv6 firewall. At this point its just crazy make a expensive router and leave out a very important feature. :mad: You should be paying Merlin for doing your job because had he not firewalled v6 i would have returned my Asus for another brand.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!