What's new

New here and looking for some advice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jikenda

New Around Here
I just started using an Asus RT-AC88U router and updated it, then put the latest stable Asuswrt-Merlin on yesterday (382 stable).

I had to create a quasi bridge with the Pace 5268AC modem/router from AT&T for gigabit and the speeds are looking ok wired (around 650mb down), but the wireless on both 2G/5G are only around 13mb. Is there a setting that I'm not seeing or something that would cause this to be so low. Speed was tested on a new mobile phone standing directly in front of the router. Previously, I would see around 150mb down from the AT&T router.

Any advice would be helpful as I'm brand new to this CFW and have been looking forward to using it for some time now.

Also, all wireless has been disabled on the Pace router and I'm using DMZ+ on it. DHCP on the Asus and as I said, all wired connections have not had any hiccups or issues whatsoever.

Thanks for any and all help/input.

I recall reading some guides on dslreports on how to get the 5268AC into bridge mode. Is the asus router getting a public ip or private?

As for wifi, channels play a big role. Certain channels yield very poor performance. This of course varies by individual location and amount of interference present on a selected channel. Probably best to play around with channel selections to find what works best in your environment.

I recall reading some guides on dslreports on how to get the 5268AC into bridge mode. Is the asus router getting a public ip or private?

As for wifi, channels play a big role. Certain channels yield very poor performance. This of course varies by individual location and amount of interference present on a selected channel. Probably best to play around with channel selections to find what works best in your environment.

The bridge (quasi) is working and the Asus router is getting a public IP. I didn't really play around with the channels, but will do so when I'm able to. I just set it up quickly, connected to the 5G, stood about 3 inches away and tested to make sure it was working and to look at the speeds. I'll have to take a little time to look at the settings and get more familiar with this CFW.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll continue to update once I'm able and will post screenshots soon. I appreciate the suggestions.

[...] but the wireless on both 2G/5G are only around 13mb. Is there a setting that I'm not seeing or something that would cause this to be so low. [...] Previously, I would see around 150mb down from the AT&T router.

...sorry, but I need to ask if you are comparing the same base units ... 150mbps wireless is too close to 13MBps .

[...] Speed was tested on a new mobile phone standing directly in front of the router. [...]

...and you were using the same phone for testing both routers, weren't you?
If you did set the same SSIDs on the At&T and the ASUS, delete the WLAN entry in the phone first before re-testing the other router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!