What's new

No internet connection when using a second router as an Access Point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aliqudsi

New Around Here
Hi,

I currently have a single router/modem (sageMcom) set up to feed my house, but my connection is spotty, so I ran a LAN cable to a second older linksysrouter I had to extend my range. I followed a couple guides online to get some help and I set them both up with the same SSID and security encryption, joined by a LAN cable and set it up as an access point. My problem is the moment I activate WiFi on the second linksys router I lose all internet connectivity in the whole house, the router itself works fine as connecting to the AP through the LAN gives me excellent speeds, and the WiFi signal is strong. I just can't figure out how to fix the internet issue.

Can anyone help me out please?

(also please don't get *too* technical on me, I'm still learning)

Thanks.

How do you have them physically connected. Like what port to what port? SageMcom LAN to Linksys LAN? Also did you turn off the DHCP server on the Linksys? What models are your routers? You also want to make sure the wireless is using different channels. On the 2.4Ghz band use only channels 1,6, and 11. Make sure to also only use 20mhz wide channels (on the 2.4Ghz band). I know it sounds kinda technical but those settings should be clearly marked in your router settings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!