What's new

No traffic stats, etc

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just got mine too - updated to the latest firmware manually before fully configuring, then did a full reset and restored a couple of fiddly settings like DHCP reservations and custom client list via the set nvram command.
So far so good, apart from having the bandwidth stats/web history issue too, which is annoying but not the end of the world.

It's so funny seeing the CPU usage when it's under load compared to my old DSL-AC68U - this is barely even being tickled in comparison!

No latency spikes that I've noticed so far - getting consistent 9-10ms responses from google.com

Just got mine too - updated to the latest firmware manually before fully configuring, then did a full reset and restored a couple of fiddly settings like DHCP reservations and custom client list via the set nvram command.
So far so good, apart from having the bandwidth stats/web history issue too, which is annoying but not the end of the world.

It's so funny seeing the CPU usage when it's under load compared to my old DSL-AC68U - this is barely even being tickled in comparison!

No latency spikes that I've noticed so far - getting consistent 9-10ms responses from google.com

Regarding latency spikes im having this weird issue within my LAN side of things when using wireless.

I ran a traceroute to google and notice the RTAX86u has higher and random latency spikes over wireless.

When i connect directly to my modem wirelessly, i get 0 spikes. But when i connect to the AX86u wireless i get spikes. I get no spikes wired to the modem or the ax86u. Only spikes wirelessly connected to the AX86u and i have no idea why.

The strange thing is, when i do ping or traceroute to the AX86u wire or wireless, when the WAN connection is taken out, theres no ping spikes. But when it is connected back into the router, ping spikes come back??

I tried changing a bunch of settings on the routers wireless page but no result. I have a feeling it could be some weird double nat issue. I cant use my modem as a true modem until Asus or Merlin add the DHCP Option 61 in the WAN settings. unfortunately my ISP uses MER, and the only way to get that right now is through merlin firmware, which obviously isnt supported for the AX86u

Damn... Not sure what else you can do apart from maybe using the AX86U in AP mode instead of router mode and switching off WiFi on your AC68U.

Fingers crossed for Merlin support!

Damn... Not sure what else you can do apart from maybe using the AX86U in AP mode instead of router mode and switching off WiFi on your AC68U.

Fingers crossed for Merlin support!
Would there be any disadvantages to using it in access point mode? Like slower bandwidth or whatever?

Nevermind, tried accesspoint mode and it was just as bad lol
new resutls.png

Sadly i dont have another laptop to see if its just my wifi chip or something else

Do you have adaptive QOS enabled? From what I read that needs to be on. Since I have gignet I have it turned off.

*EDIT* Pretty sure I saw this in the online manual....I'll test when home from work in a few hours.

Actually forgot I had setup asus router app, just turned on QOS from work . I will check later, since I can't see that part in app

New firmware available now with some "minor GUI fixes". I'll give it a go after work.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.9298 2020/08/18

Last edited:
New BIOS available now with some "minor GUI fixes". I'll give it a go after work.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.9298 2020/08/18

ASUS RT-AX86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.52272
- Fix AiProtection issue.
- Fix 2.5GE stability issue.
- Fix static WAN type issue handling.
- Minor GUI fixes.

I think thats sounds like the whole "dpi engine doesn't exist" bug - I can update in a few hours - but looks promising - fingers crossed

Haven't come across that one myself, but it's definitely fixed traffic stats for me at least.
Had a quick look at web history but that didn't seem to update after I turn it on, but maybe that's something that only refreshes hourly too (that's not something that I really want turned on in the first place though!)

ASUS RT-AX86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.52272
- Fix AiProtection issue.
- Fix 2.5GE stability issue.
- Fix static WAN type issue handling.
- Minor GUI fixes.

I think thats sounds like the whole "dpi engine doesn't exist" bug - I can update in a few hours - but looks promising - fingers crossed

My problems are fixed.

Firmware update already? lol, guess i'm updating and reseting and doing everything all over on my less then week old 86u lol

gfOTvxa.jpg

Firmware update already? lol, guess i'm updating and reseting and doing everything all over on my less then week old 86u lol

Some people here are pretty anal about resetting after every single update, but for a minor one like this I doubt it's really all that necessary. I've just gone with a dirty flash and it hasn't disintegrated so far, anyway ;)

I think firmware is global (Merlin for example only needs one version per model), but you're probably better off holding fire... For all we know the UK are the beta testers and you might be dodging a bullet!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!