Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Nook Simple Touch IP Address Range

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by Mick Mickle, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mick Mickle

Mick Mickle Regular Contributor

Sep 30, 2012
    In case anyone has this same issue, it's solved by assigning a static IP address for the Nook's MAC address under the LAN DHCP Server tab - in my case, under (I didn't experiment to determine what the range of IP addresses would or wouldn't work -- maybe just setting any address as long as it's static works):

Our Nook Simple Touch would connect on almost any other Wi-Fi connection and could shop and download books. But on the RT-N66R(U), it would connect, and the router assigned an IP address, but couldn't get through to the Internet. Since the default IP address range is - 254, and the router had assigned, I figured I'd bring it down by putting the Nook on So either it's just a lower address that solves the problem or it's the static assignment.