What's new

NordVPN - Spoofed Site

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaptainSTX

Part of the Furniture
For those of you that use NordVPN you might want to look at this article.

Apparently someone has created a spoofed site and individuals signing up for NordVPN from it are also getting a load of malware.

First time I have seen this warning but perhaps it is old news for those of you Using NordVPN.

A nasty malware is parading itself as one of our favourite VPNs
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/malware-hides-fake-popular-vpn-3932206

Spelling of favorite is from the article's headline. Not sure if this makes the article more or less creditable.

Spelling of favorite is from the article's headline. Not sure if this makes the article more or less creditable.

"Favourite" is actually how it's spelled everywhere in the world... except in the US.

And soder, not solder!

Sorry, OT I know but I couldn’t resist.

And soder, not solder!
Ha! I was literally just thinking about that when you posted.

But whilst different spelling in different countries is understandable, this really aggravates me. AFAIK Solder is spelt Solder even in the US. There is no such word as Soder or Sodder! There's an "L" in there for Christ's sake! Why American's seem incapable of pronouncing such a simple word is beyond me.

OTOH I'm sure foreigners are equally perplexed with how the British pronounce words such as "Worcestershire". :D

Last edited: