What's new

nvram commit not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

minamito

New Around Here
I got 2 RT-AC56U routers, both running on latest Merlin version 378.52_2, one running on router mode and another on repeater mode.

On the one running repeater mode, I need all the 5 LAN ports, by default the WAN port is in VLAN 2 and others in VLAN 1, so I changed the WAN port to VLAN 1 as well using robocfg:

robocfg vlan 2 ports "5u"
robocfg vlan 1 ports "0 1 2 3 4 5t"

This works but it would revert to default settings after reboot, so I was trying to configure it in NVRAM:

nvram set vlan1ports="0 1 2 3 4 5*"
nvram set vlan2ports="5u"
nvram commit

But after reboot, the NVRAM revert to the default setting as well. I wonder if this is a bug or this is working as intended (to protect the settings)? If this is working as intended, how can I save/commit the changes in NVRAM so I don't need to re-do the configuration on every reboot?

I also tried to use crontab to run the robocfg commands on startup, but the crontab entries also got wiped on next startup.

It's working as designed (resets to defaults on a reboot). To change it on every reboot head over to the wiki and read up on custom scripts and put your robocfg commands in a /jffs/scripts/init-start script.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!