What's new

o2-AirAC from RadioLabs? Can find absolutely no reviews

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anoukaimee

Occasional Visitor
I'm looking for the longest range possible router, and this seems too good to be true, but I have yet to find anything anywhere independently benchmarking or otherwise reviewing it.

http://www.radiolabs.com/products/wireless/networking/802.11AC-Router-High-Power.php

Does anyone know anything about its performance, or able to refer me to a review? I'm contacting a rep but still really need independent reviews. Trying to connect a high range router to a repeater/bridge for distance, and hopefully get AC because of network congestion.

Any alternative suggestions would be great, but my budget is ~$150, give or take.

Thank you very much!

If it sounds too good to be true.....

If you are trying to do a long range outdoor link, use a pair of bridges and directional antennas designed for that purpose. EnGenius has a bunch. You can also check out Ubiquiti

If it sounds too good to be true.....

If you are trying to do a long range outdoor link, use a pair of bridges and directional antennas designed for that purpose. EnGenius has a bunch. You can also check out Ubiquiti

True... they get pretty good reviews for customer service, etc., so just thought maybe someone had some input. Thanks.

There's a lot of stuff available in Shenzen, and there are whitebox companies that'll pretty much build anything you want...

Gongkai is pretty cool - everything from a $12 mobile phone to various Raspberry Pi knockoffs (this seems to be popular at the moment with IoT aspects FWIW) - I can walk the mall in Zuhai or anywhere in the Pearl River Delta and get hardware... want something that looks like an iPhone but runs Android OpenSource Project - can get it there, and there's little enforcement, but the community does tend to take care of itself with regards to excess...

It's like Akihabara on steroids.. and as an engineer, that's fun - both in Shenzen and Akihabara, and other focal points - engineering and the human need to make things better...

I've spent more than a few years over in that part of the world - and that's what convinces me sometimes that OpenSNB Core Platform could be a viable option to build HW/SW - but the business side just never made sense, at least not here in the US...

Getting back on topic - it's easy to get these boxes back into the US and offer them for sale on the fringe - but most of them have not been thru specific FCC testing/certification, even though the reference design might have (which is a bit of a loophole, for both FCC and WiFi Alliance, fwiw).

It's a edge product, part of the long tail.... and probably, while interesting, it's likely not a long term viable solution unless RadioLabs has a SW team to support it (which they might, who knows?)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!