What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve noticed this as well.

Interestingly, when I tried every channel on 5GHz in 382 (trying to set the best channel) and all 5GHz channels showed noise being at -92 dBm, with no real variation.

Tagging this for @arthurlien and his team.

ok. I saw the same 3-4 dBm difference in noise level between the two 5 GHz channel ranges on 382. 382 is actually the ROM that I used to check it most carefully.

Im testing two ac68u.using one ac68u as main router and one ac68u as node.
Can i get one SSID,I can se that i have one 2.4ghz and one 5ghz two ssid,can i get one SSID(2.4 and 5ghz togheter)
I now have netgear rbk53 one router and two satellites.
Got me two ac68 testing,maybe i will gett one ac5300 and one ac88u,and use my two ac68u,my family and kids like that i have one SSID.
Maybe i will replacing my netgear system,have a big house.i need some advice,how to make my best system one ssid.

Im testing two ac68u.using one ac68u as main router and one ac68u as node.
Can i get one SSID,I can se that i have one 2.4ghz and one 5ghz two ssid,can i get one SSID(2.4 and 5ghz togheter)
I now have netgear rbk53 one router and two satellites.
Got me two ac68 testing,maybe i will gett one ac5300 and one ac88u,and use my two ac68u,my family and kids like that i have one SSID.
Maybe i will replacing my netgear system,have a big house.i need some advice,how to make my best system one ssid.

Just returned my RBK53 Orbi system. Was unstable for about a month for me. Now using Aimesh , AC5300 (beta aimesh fw 382_19212) as router and 86U (official aimesh fw) x 2 as nodes, 1 SSID. Even in beta Aimesh was more stable at least for me. Now family does not scream at me anymore.

Last edited:
Im testing ac68 as router and ac68 as node my brothers house,but how do i get on SSID,There is sale now in Norway on ac5300 and ac88u and ac86u ,what should i buy,i need one router to stand up and that i think ac86u is good,maybe one ac5300/gt-ac5300 and one ac86u and one ac68u,
my trial period of 45 days open purchase goes out next the week so I have to decide what I want by Friday next week, have tested this one month now and there are very many issues a day with firmware,if i dont send it back next week i will be stock whit netgear.im testing two ac68 my brothers house but how do i gett on ssid,not two like noe one 2.4ghz and one 5ghz

Currently, the aimesh is not available for 5300. I think you just upgraded none aimesh in your 5300.
FW

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送
Read slower! The 68 was updated to the latest FW and became incompatible as a REPEATER with the 5300.

ok. I saw the same 3-4 dBm difference in noise level between the two 5 GHz channel ranges on 382. 382 is actually the ROM that I used to check it most carefully.
Interesting.

On the 382.18881 Asus release I never saw a difference on the 5GHz channels. I also ran Merlin’s release for a few days, but never checked because I had it locked in to one channel from the beginning.

I still think it’s odd that on 384 with the auto control channel set, it’s -92 dBm, but once I lock-in the same control channel that the firmware selected, it drops to -88 dBm. Back to auto control channel and it’s -92 dBm again and so on.

Thanks for checking, @maxbraketorque.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have my AIMesh running on Ac68U as main, and then another Ac68u as a node and an Ac68p as a node. I'm having issues with the system switching from 2g to 5g on the outskirts of the coverage area. I was wondering if there's a way to configure the AIMesh to require a higher db so 5g is only used when the user is close to the router? If so, and suggestions on what values to use? Thanks in advance!

Hi Arthur,

I purchased an additional RT-AC5300 to be another AiMesh Node. The setup is OK and AiMesh seems to be working as expected :)

My 3 AiMesh Devices are connected as follows:
  • RT-AC5300U - AiMesh Router (RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612-g01e94f5.trx)
    • … Connected via direct CAT 7 LAN cable to a different room
  • Cisco SG100D-08 (8 Port Gigabit Switch)
    • … Connected via direct CAT 7 LAN cables
  • RT-AC86U - AiMesh Node (AC86U_3.0.0.4_384_10007-g8e859e9_cferom_ubi.w)
  • RT-AC5300 - AiMesh Node (RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612-g01e94f5.trx)
I noticed that for my 5.0 GHz lower Band, instead of getting the usual bandwidth of 80GHz I only have 20GHz bandwidth. Is this a known bug?

PS: I will send a feedback point to this post #140

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 11.21.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 11.21.15 PM.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 750
Hi Arthur,

I purchased an additional RT-AC5300 to be another AiMesh Node. The setup is OK and AiMesh seems to be working as expected :)

My 3 AiMesh Devices are connected as follows:
  • RT-AC5300U - AiMesh Router (RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612-g01e94f5.trx)
    • … Connected via direct CAT 7 LAN cable to a different room
  • Cisco SG100D-08 (8 Port Gigabit Switch)
    • … Connected via direct CAT 7 LAN cables
  • RT-AC86U - AiMesh Node (AC86U_3.0.0.4_384_10007-g8e859e9_cferom_ubi.w)
  • RT-AC5300 - AiMesh Node (RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612-g01e94f5.trx)
I noticed that for my 5.0 GHz lower Band, instead of getting the usual bandwidth of 80GHz I only have 20GHz bandwidth. Is this a known bug?

PS: I will send a feedback point to this post #140
Don't need to send feedback, we known this issue and it's working on it.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Interesting.

On the 382.18881 Asus release I never saw a difference on the 5GHz channels. I also ran Merlin’s release for a few days, but never checked because I had it locked in to one channel from the beginning.

I still think it’s odd that on 384 with the auto control channel set, it’s -92 dBm, but once I lock-in the same control channel that the firmware selected, it drops to -88 dBm. Back to auto control channel and it’s -92 dBm again and so on.

I missed your comment before about there being a noise difference between autoselect and manual channel selection. In the days before family and other commitments, I'd reinstall 382 to determine if I see a difference. But no time for that level of tinkering these days.

I missed your comment before about there being a noise difference between autoselect and manual channel selection. In the days before family and other commitments, I'd reinstall 382 to determine if I see a difference. But no time for that level of tinkering these days.
It’s all good. Appreciate your feedback my friend!

My AC86U Aimesh router is able to search AC68U and AC1990P but not AC66U-B1 as node. Reset AC66u several times but still not able to connect it to AC86U Aimesh router. Anyone have the same problem?

Now i have ordered ac5300 and ac86u and i have ac68u.Gonna try this next week.
Try aimesh.
But how do i gett single ssid.
I would like to thank you for the help I get thanks

Now i have ordered ac5300 and ac86u and i have ac68u.Gonna try this next week.
Try aimesh.
But how do i gett single ssid.
I would like to thank you for the help I get thanks
You log-in to the webui, go to the Wireless settings, and change both 2.4 and 5Ghz SSIDs to whatever you like.

Need some help,asus support couldnt help asus ac68u is main router and ac68 as node in the garagen,in the garage i get weak wifi signal from the main router,but in the garage there is cable from the main router to the garage,should i put the cable in wan port
or should it be in lan port 1 on the node in the garage, the cable comes from LAN port 1 from the main router

Interesting.

Since dBm is referenced to a power level of 1 milliwatt, -88 dBm is a higher power level than -92 dBm so I think you meant that it jumped to -88 dBm from -92 dBm.

Since dBm is referenced to a power level of 1 milliwatt, -88 dBm is a higher power level than -92 dBm so I think you meant that it jumped to -88 dBm from -92 dBm.
I’m referring to noise level. Sorry I wasn’t clear about that in my follow up post.

I’m referring to noise level. Sorry I wasn’t clear about that in my follow up post.
Not to be pedantic, but -88 dBm is a higher power level whether it is noise level or signal level. The reason I bring this up is that there are several levels in the UI that use a -dBm setting that gets confused about which is "higher" or "lower". (Example Roaming Assistant disconnect levels)

Not to be pedantic, but -88 dBm is a higher power level whether it is noise level or signal level. The reason I bring this up is that there are several levels in the UI that use a -dBm setting that gets confused about which is "higher" or "lower". (Example Roaming Assistant disconnect levels)
Doesn’t below explain the noise level in the wireless log vs RSSI? Wouldn’t a higher -, less noise, be better? Granted, I’m just learning here. Maybe I’m reading the wireless log incorrectly or that noise value there is something different? Thanks.

SNR is a better way to judge the quality of signal because it also takes the noise floor or ambient noise of the RF environment into account. For instance, a received signal of -65 dBm can be considered good at location that has a noise floor of -90 dBm (SNR 25 dB) but not so much at a location with a noise floor of -80 dBm (SNR 15 dB).

Status
Not open for further replies.