What's new

One OpenVPN server and two clients with certificates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Igor

Regular Contributor
I've been fighting with a router for 6 hours. I can't connect a second client to OpenVPN.

Installed OpenVPN server on the router. I see "Data ciphers: CHACHA20-POLY1305:AES-128-GCM:AES-256-GCM:AES-128-CBC:AES-256-CBC".
The client on another router connects only with a certificate. Everything is working.

I install the third router as an OpenVPN client. The client does not connect because no "Client Certificate" and "Client Key".
Code:
<cert>
   paste client certificate data here
</cert>
<key>
   paste client key data here
</key>
How to generate them correctly?

Format JFFS partition at next boot = Yes
Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs = Yes

Did not help.

I generated the client keys (CN=client) and inserted them into the GUI. There are no errors in the log Error: "VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=unable to get local issuer certificate", but there is no connection either - it constantly tries to reconnect. Did not help.
If I insert certificates from the first router, then the VPN is installed, but two clones appear on the server, it connects them randomly.

Maybe I've already made a mistake... Maybe there is an instruction? I can reset the router to factory settings. Please.

Last edited: