What's new

Only getting 217 Mbps link rate on 2.4Ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hope Asus fixes this. Were did you get BCM43460 ?
I don't think Asus can do anything about this case.
Every driver file is signed both by Broadcom and Asus. So it looks like Broadcom's fault.

BCM43460 is a wireless chipset developed by Broadcom together with BCM4360.
The second is mostly for consumer products and the first is mostly for access points. Nevertheless, there are several 43460-based adapters. I don't know where those ebay-sellers get them, but I've got mine here.

I've heard several times that BCM4360-based adapters cannot connect at 450 Mbps on 2.4 GHz.
Sadly, but I've never had such adapter so cannot test it by myself.
To check all the options, I'd suggest:
1. Be sure to set 40 MHz bandwidth in your router.
2. Install mfg drivers (they're located in "mfg" folder where you've installed Asus software and drivers).
3. Enable 40 MHz bandwidth in the adapter's properties through Windows device manager.
4. Unlock (for testing purposes only) country restrictions by setting "Country = #a" through Windows registry.

Last edited:
i have no problem with full speed of my wifi card 300 and 450mbit/s (broadcom and intel 6205 and 6300 )

i have no problem with full speed of my wifi card 300 and 450mbit/s (broadcom and intel 6205 and 6300 )
Explain a bit more. What Wlan card are you using ?

intel centrino advanced-n 6205 and centrino ultimate-n 6300, i forgot at this moment broadcom card name but this card is also 300mbit/s 2x2 a b g n wifi card..
In router i have set 40MHz channel bandwidth
wifi_router.png

and i change bandwidth width for 2,4 GHz from 20MHz to "auto" in wifi card config under windows
6300_1.png

then i have
450_2_4.png

Last edited:
In my Computer Manager under Network Adapters I changed the 2G Bandwidth Capability to 2.4G: 20/40MHz.

8hPxsYu.png

Now I experience 450Mbps

7027myG.png

I've always read, and been told never, to use 40, or 20/40 for 2.4ghz, as it hogs bandwidth especially with a lot of neighbors, and could actually decrease throughput. I always leave 2.4ghz at 20.

ok

a little headway with the pce-ac68 and 2.4 gig

after mucking around with the setting for the adapter i have managed to get it to sync at a max 450M to the asus rt-ac68u

it wont go higher that 450M which means the qam-256 isnt working but at least i have forced it off 216M max

here what i changed in the adapters config page under advanced

20/40 co existence to disabled

2g bandwidth set to 20/40mhz

40mhz intolerant - disabled

left the rest as it was

hope that helps