What's new

Openvpn Client Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdncheez

New Around Here
I've been trying to get the OpenVPN client policy routing to work on a RT-AC68U using Merlin's 380.59 firmware. I only want one client directed to VPN but all are being routed regardless of the policy rules. Routing to "WAN" seems to have no effect.

I also have an empty entry field labelled "Gateway" that appears directly to the right when "Policy Rules" is selected. Does anyone know what that field is? I haven't seen it mentioned in any docs or examples anywhere. Thanks.
gateway.jpg

Please post your entire OpenVPN configuration. We can't help you without knowing how you actually configured your client.

Sorry. Here's the configuration (couldn't get it all in one image). I suspect that it has to do with the "TAP" interface but I haven't any experience with any of this. Thanks.
Client_part1.jpg
Client_part2.jpg
Client_part3.jpg

TAP is a bridge, which is why there's a field to manually specify a gateway. Try using TUN mode instead, TAP is intended to bridge two networks together, not to have one client remotely access another network.

I was so hung up on TAP based on the example that I was following that I never even considered using TUN. Thanks to you both for the help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!