What's new

Solved openVPN server GT-AX6000 stock FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nesalex

Regular Contributor
Hello. I need help with the problem of configuring a VPN server on my new GT-AX6000. I was using an old Rt-ac68u before. I had no problem creating an openVPN server. I exported the configuration file and imported it on my PC and Android mobile to OpenVPN. Everything worked. Now I do the same and the mobile says: waiting for the server. Could someone help me? My router connects via a modem from the ISP and I have a public IP address. I was using DDNS afraid before. Now I decided to try DDNS from Asus, but there will be no error because I tried it without editing the configuration file where I had written the current WAN IP address. Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you can connect by IP address - your DDNS is the issue. If you can't connect by IP - check your server/client configuration again.

Hey. Hey. Problem solved. For some unknown reason the DDNS domain registration did not go through. Even though I entered the current WAN IP address in the configuration file, the OpenVPN server was not working properly and could not be connected to. After removing the domain from the router (using the application because it was not possible in WEbui), I re-entered the domain into DDNS and the registration went through immediately without any problems. Subsequently, I also received the Lets Encript certificate. After exporting the OpenVPN settings and then importing everything works as it should.

Oh, shirt. I have DDNS inactive status again. What does Asus have to do with this? New router and such problems with stock FW 🙄. I tried DDNS service from Asus but I guess I will look for others too just to see if they are also free.. On Merlin SW I was happy with Afraid DDNS but now with stock SW I don't see such an option 🙄🤔

According to user reports here on SNB Forums Asus' free DDNS service is not the most reliable. The same perhaps applies to other free DDNS services.

www.no-ip.com has a free service but you have to verify every 30 days. The send you a reminder email. Make sure to enable WAN IP and hostname verification. I was able to get 12 months service for $8.00.

www.no-ip.com has a free service but you have to verify every 30 days. The send you a reminder email. Make sure to enable WAN IP and hostname verification. I was able to get 12 months service for $8.00.
Thank you very much for the tip. I will definitely try and if there are no problems under $10 is not much 👌

I was able to get 12 months service for $8.00.

No-IP increased the price last year. I was paying $24.95/y until 2022, but it's $34.99/y now.

1704174928579.png

What they called Enhanced Dynamic DNS is now limited to 1 hostname and 1 update client.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!