What's new

optware service not started at boot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobi

New Around Here
Hello, I configured libsane with xinetd on my RT-N66U, but have issue with starting xinetd at router startup.
i have two following files in /opt/etc/init.d/

-rwxrwxrwx 1 admin root 189 Feb 18 2012 S01sane-backends
-rwxrwxrwx 1 admin root 264 Feb 18 2012 S10xinetd

if run manually /opt/etc/init.d/S10xinetd all works well.

Could anyone help me wit this.
Thank you.

Run this to enable a startup script:

app_set_enabled.sh package_name yes

Any good hint on how to solve it when using Entware instead of the optware Asus uses?

I tried to figure out how the different asuswrt scripts are linked bit didn't find a good way. On my WNR3500L running Shibby Tomato I launched /opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslug start from .autorun, but .autorun doesn't seem to work in asuswrt? I think they use .asus-something (don't recall the right filename right now, I got it from the USB stick where I had their apps installed), I tried renaming the .autostart but still no success. I think some setting in nvram might be needed?

It's no good to use post-mount because if I have more than one USB disk connected post-mount will run twice. (Hmm, it just struck me that maybe I can check the mountpoint in post-mount and only run rc.unslug when it's the optware partition...)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!