What's new

Parental control not working properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

urkalz

New Around Here
Main reason I got this router is because it would have working Parental Control unlike my previous router.

I'm using this option on my son and while parental control is blocking browsing and other internet activities on his phone he can still use this program called "Whatsapp"

What's up with this?

Main reason I got this router is because it would have working Parental Control unlike my previous router.

I'm using this option on my son and while parental control is blocking browsing and other internet activities on his phone he can still use this program called "Whatsapp"

What's up with this?

is he still using the wifi while using the app or maybe his mobile data connection?

He's using WIFI. Mobile data is disabled. I believe parental control blocks port 80 and maybe some other well known ports for browsing. Maybe "Whatsapp" uses a different port?

I been experiencing the same problem really frustrating and i just updated to latest firmware. Parental control does not want to follow any time slots.
it doesnt want to follow the Allowed/Disallowed set times;
my system clock is correctly synced - not the problem. :mad: asus really need to fix this bug.