What's new

Phones consistantly refreshing apps\browsers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brundog

Occasional Visitor
Hey, so I just moved, and am experiencing problems with my ASUS AC5300 Tri-Band router. Everything worked perfectly before the move, and after setting my network up at my new house, phones on any three of the WiFi bands constantly refresh whatever you are doing. I had my ISP come in and test my connection to their network and it tested great. I updated the firmware (Merlin.) I also did a packet loss test on both my default gateway, and googles DNS server. Not only this, I analyzed the WIFI environment around me and reconfigured the WIFI channels so they would not interfere with other SSID's. Still almost every app refreshes at least 5 times a minute. WIFI calling also is so terrible that i cant maintain a call for any length of time. Is there any insight someone may be able to offer? I am leaning towards my AC5300 is failing... That makes me extremely sad.....

Try running a continuous ping, say 10-15 minutes, to a remote site. Post what the results are.

Try running a continuous ping, say 10-15 minutes, to a remote site. Post what the results are.
That is what I meant when I pinged Googles DNS(8.8.8.8). I ran it for 45 minutes and got zero dropped packets. The average latency was 20ms.

That’s a fairly strong indication, although not conclusive, that your internet connection is fine.

I’m not sure how your router would be making your devices refresh content in apps, that seems like a client issue. Then you say it’s happening on multiple clients. Very odd.

The ONLY other thing I can think of is the fact that i'm located in a very small dead spot in cellular reception. Basically mostly no bars, or occasionally one bar.. Maybe jumping in and out of service is what is causing the phones to refresh.

But if you’re on WiFi ive never heard of your cellular connection quality mattering. Sorry man, you’ve got a strange issue.