What's new

[Poll] AB-Solution usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you using AB-Solution on your router?

• Total voters

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Hey all
Coding the AB-Solution shell script has been a fun project for me so far, and I am pleased it is being used by some of you.
This gets me right to the point.

Since GitHub has no download statistics at all, I was wondering how many of you are using my script.
It's relevant to me to find out how high I should prioritize my time for the next level of AB-Solution:
The Asuswrt-Merlin integrated GUI version.

From what I have done so far, I can tell this is a major undertaking. And I want to make sure the time I spend to complete the GUI version is worth my time and finds it's use by an interested user base.

Thanks for participating.

I have it installed on mine and family and friends routers. By providing a GUI and plugins you would probably reach a wider user base, but it is simple enough to set up as it is. And it is mostly set and forget once you configure the lists properly...

Still, fingers crossed for GUI candy. Thank you for your efforts.

Hi, Im using it everything clean even on tablets and phones.
Looking forward for the pixelserv addon and GUI
Thanks

@thelonelycoder - I didn't use Adblocker on router, but I am willing to try that for sure :)
if you are willing to invest time into this project, post your paypal donation address so people who appreciate your effort can send something back as token of gratitude

[...] post your paypal donation address so people who appreciate your effort can send something back as token of gratitude
Thanks, that's not planned for the moment. But I may think about that option.

I want to use your project but so far haven't gotten around to do so yet. I wanted to check the install script first, I already have several scripts of my own in place and I don't want them overwritten. I need to find the time...

I want to use your project but so far haven't gotten around to do so yet. I wanted to check the install script first, I already have several scripts of my own in place and I don't want them overwritten. I need to find the time...
Be sure to have a backup of your sripts in /jffs/scripts/
Better save than sorry.

I don't use it but I have been following with interest. I use a Raspberry Pi as a DNS server to block malicious domains (including malvertising), using a combination of the lists at malwaredomains.com and pgl.yoyo.com. But with a GUI, and the same emphasis on protection from malicious domains (i.e. not just plain ad blocking) I would seriuosly consider switching to your AB Solution.

Using it, and if theres a GUI version I'll be adopting that as I'm useless at remembering commands. Brilliant work.

Yes i am using ab-solution also, on my Netgear R7000 , with Xwrt Vortex :) Greetings from the Netherlands.
Which fork of Asuswrt-Merlin are you using?

I don't use it but I have been following with interest. I use a Raspberry Pi as a DNS server to block malicious domains (including malvertising), using a combination of the lists at malwaredomains.com and pgl.yoyo.com. But with a GUI, and the same emphasis on protection from malicious domains (i.e. not just plain ad blocking) I would seriuosly consider switching to your AB Solution.
Pi-Hole or a custom setup?