What's new

Port Forwarding 443 SSL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikmock

New Around Here
Hello,
I have a Windows Home Server 2011 that needs 3 ports open for remote web access.
HTTP- Port 80 which is on the "Famous Server List" but I also need;
HTTPS-SSL on Port 443 and RDP on Port 4125 opened too.
There are no descriptions in either of the "Famous Server List" or "Famous Game Lists" provided on the routers "Virtual Server/Port Forwarding" page. I tried just entering the information for the other ports in the "Port Forwarding List" below the "Basic config" options but received an error to enter additional data.

Am I missing something or are those few options in the Basic config area the only ones available?

***FTP Port numbers were deleted probably while I was trying to find the correct terminology in the Famous List Drop Downs. Port #'s all entered now...I have tested but not getting thru the router. I see the router (Name & IP Address) but it stops there.

I am a bit confused with the "Famous" lists, is that just something ASUS uses? I have never seen that kind of terminology before.

Router: RT-N66U Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.270.26b

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
You're right - it's just bad English - it should be "Standard" or "Common", instead of "Famous".

That listing is just for convenience/convention.

You can type in anything or customize as you see fit (eg typing in the ssh entry should work fine).