What's new

Port Forwarding Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mat77

Regular Contributor
If I use Port Forward (for example xbox live) I put in following settings:

Service Name Port Range Local IP Local Port Protokoll

xbox live 3074 my lP 3074 both

If I klick Famous game List an click on xbox live se settings are the same without local Port. Is this an Error?

Do I need the local port? What will happen if I don´t use the local port?

xblpf.jpg

make the port forwards look like this.

You do also need to forward port 113 to nowhere (i used 1.1.1.1, do not use 127.0.0.1) to make Xbox live work perfectly.

xblpf.jpg

make the port forwards look like this.

You do also need to forward port 113 to nowhere (i used 1.1.1.1, do not use 127.0.0.1) to make Xbox live work perfectly.

I wil try this - thank you.

Since I forbid the Teredo Port - alle my Internet runs much better.
In Lan to Wan Filter I blocked destination Port 3544 UDP.

Leaving the local port empty in port forwarding, means you want to forward the specified remote port to the same local port.

Port 113 is used for ID or Authentication purposes, sending it to "no where" means a remote ID or Authentication request (for what ever application) will never work, I doubt that it is a good idea. More is written here: https://www.grc.com/Port_113.htm

in order to get a fully open NAT with xbox live, port 113 needs to be properly filtered. this is something that dd-wrt has had for many years as a check box option

I find it surprising that the XBox would have anything to do with the identd service (TCP/113). To my knowledge, IRC is the only thing still using this archaic service that comes from the early UNIX days.

i haven't a clue, to be honest. i think if you dmz the xbox, ident filtering isn't necessary, but i couldn't get a fully open nat without filtering it. saw the same thing happen if ident filtering was unchecked in ddwrt and if i didn't filter it using one of my past linux firewalls.

i haven't used irc in yeaaars.