What's new

POssibility to turn single TP-link EAP225 access point off during night time, site is Omada OC-200 managed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sir Dan Baker

Regular Contributor
Hej everyone, after having gotten advice here a couple of years ago, just before Covid hit big time, I purchased 4 TP-Link EAP225's with an OC-200 Omada controller. This system is very reliable and I use it with great pleasure.
Now I have found the possibiity on single accesspoint interfaces to turn off the radio during night-time, but via the controller I can only turn the whole site (all 4 AP's) off for a specified time.
Does anyone know if there is a possibility to turn off the radio of a single AP during a specified time-range? I've googled and searched for quite a long time and did not find an obvious answer. I do know that I could program this in a switch, but this AP is not connected to a managed one, so it would require me to purchase a managed switch, which I'm not inclined to do if not necessary.
Thanks in advance for thinking along!

Unfortunately not..
1710698945347.png

Okay, that's the "web" interface. If you can set up cron jobs that way, then try "forget"ing the AP, set them up, then re"remember" it. Maybe they'll "stick."

I'd try SSHing into the AP and command-line the cron jobs as a first attempt in any event.

Hmm while the plan does sound good I'm not sure if I'm knowledgeable enough to achieve this. Thanks for the tip though👍

I tested this system some time ago and remember you have to go to Settings (at the bottom of the screen), select Wireless Networks, create a new WLAN, assign VLAN, select Scheduler and apply this network to the APs you want. This is how it works, definitely possible on the controller side, but I can only see the limited emulator UI online. I don't have live Omada systems. Some screenshots from the emulator below, may help you with the menus navigation. Don't touch individual APs and forget about cron jobs. For specifics you can ask in TP-Link support forums, someone there has it working already for sure. Or Lawrence Systems forums.

1710704542040.png

1710704464129.png

1710704496888.png

1710704429030.png

I tested this system some time ago and remember you have to go to Settings (at the bottom of the screen), select Wireless Networks, create a new WLAN, assign VLAN, select Scheduler and apply this network to the APs you want. This is how it works, definitely possible on the controller side, but I can only see the limited emulator UI online. I don't have live Omada systems. Some screenshots from the emulator below, may help you with the menus navigation. Don't touch individual APs and forget about cron jobs. For specifics you can ask in TP-Link support forums, someone there has it working already for sure. Or Lawrence Systems forums.

View attachment 57250

View attachment 57248

View attachment 57249

View attachment 57247
Thank you for your elaborate reply! I'll have a look at it tonight.

Thank you for your elaborate reply!

Only an idea where/what to look for, actually. Last time I've touched Omada SDN it was even different version.

The emulator online has version 5.0. I know it's there, remember seeing the scheduler with all the profiles, etc.

Last edited:
I think I have the solution. I’m gonna use a Netgear GS110TP which has the ability to put a time schedule on its PoE ports. Just shut down that specific port overnight.
Thanks for thinking along everyone!

This is a little rough solution, but if it works for you - why not?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!