What's new

possible comcast specific issues for routers using WMM

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was reading this on the comcast forum on dslreports:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r28669599-Speed-PSA-Slow-WiFi-on-Comcast-May-be-Comcasts-Fault

It seems there may be issues with how comcast marks packets entering our routers that may cause the wireless driver to send them as lowest priority. I am not sure if it affects the asus routers yet, but I have added the iptables rule mentioned in the posts to test.

Thank you for sharing. I'm in an area claimed to potentially be affected, but I also run w/ WMM & QOS off (even though that thread seems to state turning off WMM is impossible or not recommended for some reason?). I dunno. . .I don't think I've been affected, because I'm getting great throughput and very decent connection stability doing anything from video conference to live video streaming, HD video streaming, and other such connection quality sensitive things.

I'm not sure what the OP means when he says: "IPv6 speeds always worked for me because DSCP was configured correctly for that but it is incorrect for IPv4." IPV6 speeds??

Reading that OP on DSLreports gave me the feeling that the person who wrote it had been up for 4 days straight on a diet of cheetoes and redbull and was seizing his chance to paul revere us for a disaster that "may or may not affect routers other than linksys/cisco." Well, that'd kind of be a good thing to check before you tell everyone before he freaks out over there. . .ha.

But thank you for sharing. . .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!