What's new

spdMerlin Problems installing spdMerlin on Asus RT-AX86U_Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kevin2296

New Around Here
I bought an Asus RT-AX86U_Pro to replace my AC86U.
Now I installed de default applications (Diversion/Skynet/FlexQos) and spdMerlin.

When I run the install script I got the message "mv: can't rename '/tmp/spdmerlindata.zip': No such file or directory".
Then the speedtest runs and the Router going to reboot..
After that I run again the install line "/usr/sbin/curl -fsL --retry 3 "https://jackyaz.io/spdMerlin/master/install/spdmerlin.sh" -o /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin && /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin install" and then I can see the webUI.

But speed logging doesnt work and I cannot change settings (not saving..)

Is this a know issue on the 3004.388.4 firmware?
I already search on it but nothing to find..

Full install log as attachment (to many characters for message)..

Attachments

• SpdLog.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 18
Now I installed de default applications (Diversion/Skynet/FlexQos) and spdMerlin.

There is no default "applications". You perhaps use on-router DNS-blocking with Diversion, but you may not need IP-blocking with Skynet (this is not a firewall), FlexQoS may not work on this router anymore and spdMerlin is not supported by the developer anymore. Search again for more information.

I bought an Asus RT-AX86U_Pro to replace my AC86U.

When I run the install script I got the message "mv: can't rename '/tmp/spdmerlindata.zip': No such file or directory".
Then the speedtest runs and the Router going to reboot..
After that I run again the install line "/usr/sbin/curl -fsL --retry 3 "https://jackyaz.io/spdMerlin/master/install/spdmerlin.sh" -o /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin && /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin install" and then I can see the webUI.

But speed logging doesnt work and I cannot change settings (not saving..)

Is this a know issue on the 3004.388.4 firmware?
I already search on it but nothing to find..

Full install log as attachment (to many characters for message)..
There is no default "applications". You perhaps use on-router DNS-blocking with Diversion, but you may not need IP-blocking with Skynet (this is not a firewall), FlexQoS may not work on this router anymore and spdMerlin is not supported by the developer anymore. Search again for more information.
Yep, I found some other topics on this model...

And this long thread here about FlexQoS on newer hardware:

Yep, I found some other topics on this model...
The first link has nothing to do with addon scripts, and the second link points to this thread. :rolleyes:

The first link has nothing to do with addon scripts, and the second link points to this thread. :rolleyes:
Are you questioning SNB's "better search" feature?? Lol

Are you questioning SNB's "better search" feature??

Useless, honestly. I use Google to search SNB Forums. Faster and way more relevant results.