What's new

QNAP Gigabit performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ratus

New Around Here
HelloG
I have a QNAP TS 239 Pro (2 disks in Raid 1) hooked up to netgear Gigabit Ethernet Switch (GS608). Also connected to this Switch is my PC and a Router (WRT55G, non Gigabit capable), which is managing the IPs. When I transfer files (large files) from my QNAP to my PC, I get a maximum speed of 12 Mo/s. Is this normal knowing that I use Gigabit Cat 6 cables ?
Thanks

edit: this only happens when using the web file manager.
When enabling ftp service, I get 50 Mo/s

Last edited:
I don't know what "Mo/s" is, sorry.

I haven't tested performance using the Web file manager, so can't say whether what you are seeing is normal.

HelloG
I have a QNAP TS 239 Pro (2 disks in Raid 1) hooked up to netgear Gigabit Ethernet Switch (GS608). Also connected to this Switch is my PC and a Router (WRT55G, non Gigabit capable), which is managing the IPs. When I transfer files (large files) from my QNAP to my PC, I get a maximum speed of 12 Mo/s. Is this normal knowing that I use Gigabit Cat 6 cables ?
Thanks

edit: this only happens when using the web file manager.
When enabling ftp service, I get 50 Mo/s

If you have a non gigabit, everything is non gigabit

If you have a non gigabit, everything is non gigabit

not true at all.

only the stuff that goes thru the router would drop.

the nas to switch to pc should all be fine with gigabit speeds, as my network works the same way.

Hey ratus

Your computer and your qnap need to be put on gigabit switch, and the computer needs a gigabit nic, that way, you can use gigabit speeds. The gigabit switch can then be connected to your router so you can browse the internet and get IP address to your computer and qnap

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!