What's new

QNAP NAS HD Station XBMC with Wireless Keyboard Logitech K400

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peter_h1969

New Around Here
In the article Can A QNAP NAS Replace Your HTPC?, the author Scott DeLeeuw tested the HD Station software component of a QNAP NAS and used a wireless keyboard/mouse combo to control the mouse pointer of XBMC on an HDMI screen. He wrote:

"I mentioned before that QNAP gives you multiple ways to do things and at times it was almost dizzying deciding which one would work best. For example, wireless and USB mice and keyboards are supported. So I used a Logitech K400 keyboard/mouse combo for my testing."

This is exactly what I want to do with my QNAP NAS. It is a TS-869 Pro with 3 GB memory and current firmware 4.0.2.

When I plug in the USB Bluetooth dongle of my wireless keyboard/mouse combo Logitech K400, neither the mouse nor the keyboard shows a reaction on the HDMI screen. Also rebooting while having the USB-bluetooth dongle plugged in does not change this behaviour.

If I plug in a conventional USB mouse, I can control the mouse pointer within HD Station applications, so also in XBMC.

Does anyone have a hint how to get the Logitech K400 working with a QNAP NAS?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!