What's new

ReadyNAS NV+ 1TB for $329

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ultragc

Occasional Visitor
I am waiting for ReadyNAS NVX to go on promo... hopefully soon. But now, I see the NV+ with 2x500GB on sales at Frys fo $329 and it is making me think if I see go for this one. What a deal! I've looked the NAS chart here but didn't see performance specific to the model.

So, is this worth buying... especially at this price.

Performance is similar to Readynas Duo. Price is really good for an NV+ with 2 x 500GB. People have paid more than that for a Duo with 2 x 500GB.

I got an NVX for $999 with 2 x 1TB Enterprise disks. That deal isn't around any longer, but I suppose it will surface again at some point. The holiday season has a way of bringing many deals out of the woodwork. keep an eye on Amazon.com

I assume you are aware of the NVX Pioneer? Its about $750 with no disks. I'm not a big fan of the Pioneer edition, especially when I was able to get a NVX with the 2 disks for $250 more. Those Enterprise disks are $125/ea.

Thanks claykin. Before I found this site, I was leaning towards the NV+ but I am now putting my sight on the NVX mainly for performance and good review.

I see from some online sites where they offer the NVX diskless for $699 after rebate. Hopefully the holidays will knock it down further. Not only that, I am interested in their GS108T and WNDR3700 (if not DIR-655). As you can see, plan to contribute to the economy pretty heavily this year.

Thanks claykin. Before I found this site, I was leaning towards the NV+ but I am now putting my sight on the NVX mainly for performance and good review.

I see from some online sites where they offer the NVX diskless for $699 after rebate. Hopefully the holidays will knock it down further. Not only that, I am interested in their GS108T and WNDR3700 (if not DIR-655). As you can see, plan to contribute to the economy pretty heavily this year.

Where did you see the NVX diskless for $699 after rebate? I'm guessing its the Pioneer Edition at that price. Keep in mind that the Pioneer Edition has fewer features and a shorter warranty. See the Comaprison chart for more details.

Whatever you do with the NAS, please make sure to use disks from the manufacturers HCL. http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=82

GS108T :)
WNDR3700 :)

Last edited:
You're right. Looks like the Pioneer edition.

So for the Pioneer, does the fewer feature makes it that much of a difference? Or put it another way, do we really need those extra features I am am only after the performance and reliability? I assume Piorneer and NVX perform the same right.

Thanks

Performance is the same. Pioneer has fewer features and shorter warranty. Only you can decide which is necessary for your use and config.

Last edited:
$329 1TB (500x2) NV+ at Fry's

Picked one up yesterday at San Jose Fry's (they also had 2TB NV+ for $499) - they are red tagged, which means it is clearance to sell out inventory - ie no rainchecks etc. They are out of stock in most stores, but you can look up inventory on the Fry's webshop by adding to cart and selecting pick up in store, next few screens gives you an opportunity to see which stores have it in stock.

Same old processor and RAM as Duo - but you can also upgrade the mem to 1GB for <$40

Incredible NAS in so many ways compared to Iomega IX2-200 or Buffalo Duo/Quad - just a different league IMO - though I do like Buffalo's LS Live iPhone streaming.

2TB disks will be $99 by this time next year - so this will end up being a great 8TB NAS Raid eventually.

-sk

Netgear preconfigures the NV+ with Enterprise 24x7 disks. These are always more expensive than desktop class disks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!