What's new

“Refresh” function in the open vpn client settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marin

Very Senior Member
Hi everyone,

I have been using ExpressVPN for quite some time on my Asus 86U with Merlin FW (384.5) and everytime I adjust openvpn client settings I see this “Refresh” link next to server name/address box.

I am assuming this was designed to refresh VPN server connections but I am not 100% sure. However, it seems that everytime I click it, the link doesn’t seem to do anything. I have also tried it when my servers have been down and have not seen any change.

Am I missing something or not doing something right? Is this link working for you and if so when do you really use it?

Can someone explain what is the reason for having this link in the VPN client settings?

Thank you!

All this option does is recheck what your public (remote) IP is, and update it if it did (it's shown right next to the refresh link). This was added because some tunnels might change IP if they get reconnected.

Good to know, thank you! I wasn’t sure if this was a something that I could do or if it was automatically done. The link gives you the impression that you could click on it but nothing happens when you do.