What's new

Refurbished linkstation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bloodymeli

New Around Here
Hi All,

I'm considering buying a refurbished Buffalo 1TB LinkStation Live. First of all, Would you recommend buying a refurbished NAS?

Currently, my media library is stored on my main computer, which is normally on all the time. I want the NAS drive to replace that functionality, that it, to be a media library, in addition of being a backup.

Second, my expectation of a NAS drive is to be very quiet and to be able to stream an HD content (1080p) on an N network (my router is TrentNet 633GW). I would also like to be able to copy files from the NAS as fast as I would have if I'd directly connect a USB 2.0 drive to the main computer or my laptop to my main computer via an ethernet cable.

Is the linkstation live would fulfill my expectations? or should I switch to another model?

Also, is the linkstation live currently sold of a newer version than was reviewed? The enclosure is different, is the hardware different too? How fast is the linkstation live (I'm interested mostly in reading performance)?

Thanks!

I need the exact model # of what you're considering buying to answer some of your questions. Performance can be looked up in the NAS Charts.

Refurbished products are generally a good deal and I've bought a lot of them. But given the wear issues of a hard drive, refurb'd NASes require a bit more caution.

I'd find out if the hard drive in the refurb model is new and what the warranty is.

Upgraded

Hi,

Originally, I considered buying the LS-CH1.0TL-R. After reading some reviews, I've upgraded my selection to either LS-XH1.5TL-R or LS-XH1.0TL-R.

How can I check what was exactly done in the refurbishment process?

Both have been reviewed. The XHL is 2 to 3X faster than the CHL for sequential (large file) write and read.

Contact Buffalo with questions.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!