What's new

Remote Access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asusrocks

Occasional Visitor
So I have an iphone and noticed on the AiCloud app i can only access my files on the connected HDD to the n66u. I am assuming there is not an option to view the control panel of the actual router from this app which is fine. I did then decide to visit the HTTPS://xxxxx.asuscomm.com and input my logins in hopes I can reach my router control panel remotely and all I get is a blank screen. Is there something inside the router I need to change to I can remotely access the router? I tried searching on the forums and do not see a DIY or Walk-thru to set up the N66u with remote access. Thanks!

Can someone provide a link or steps on what I need to do to set up a VPN? I am just looking for a simple vpn since I an new to this type of configuration.

So I have an iphone and noticed on the AiCloud app i can only access my files on the connected HDD to the n66u. I am assuming there is not an option to view the control panel of the actual router from this app which is fine. I did then decide to visit the HTTPS://xxxxx.asuscomm.com and input my logins in hopes I can reach my router control panel remotely and all I get is a blank screen. Is there something inside the router I need to change to I can remotely access the router? I tried searching on the forums and do not see a DIY or Walk-thru to set up the N66u with remote access. Thanks!

Have you turned on "Enable Web Access from WAN" in the Administration settings under the System tab? After you've done that, you go to http://xxxxx.asuscomm.com:8080 to access the router control panel. (Where xxxxx is the name you chose when setting up AiDisk, and assuming you didn't change the default port, 8080.)

Can someone provide a link or steps on what I need to do to set up a VPN? I am just looking for a simple vpn since I an new to this type of configuration.

"Procedure (from IBM)
1. Access your router's Web-based setup page and sign in with the administrator user ID and password. If you do not know how to access your router's setup page as an administrator, refer to your router's documentation.
2. Determine whether your network uses DHCP (dynamic) addresses.
o If you have a dynamic network, determine the DHCP IP address range that the DHCP server uses. The location of this information varies by manufacturer, but it will probably be on an advanced networking page.
If you cannot find this information, see your DHCP server's documentation to determine where it is shown.
o If you have a static network, choose a set of IP addresses that are not in use.
3. If your network uses DHCP, choose IP addresses that are not in the dynamic range but are in the same subnet.
Example: You have a DHCP range and a subnet mask
Assume you have DHCP range 192.168.254.1 - 192.168.254.99 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0
The subnet is represented by the parts of the IP address that correspond to the mask parts that are 255. For this example, the subnet is 192.168.254.nnn.
For the virtual client IP addresses, you could choose any addresses that are not already in use in the form 192.168.254.nnn, where nnn is between 100 and 254.
Example: You have the DHCP range and a subnet mask, and do not have a static range
Assume you have DHCP range 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254, and subnet mask 255.255.255.0. In this example, your DHCP server or router is using DHCP address 192.168.0.1.
The subnet is represented by the parts of the IP address that correspond to the mask parts that are 255. For this example, the subnet is 192.168.0.nnn.
This DHCP server does not automatically have a range of static IP addresses. In this case, you would have to modify the DHCP range to create a range of virtual client IP addresses. You could change the DHCP range to 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.254. Then for your virtual client IP addresses, you could choose addresses in the form 192.168.0.nnn, where nnn is between 2 and 9."
I have not used this procedure yet as I don't have a static IP address. If some one has a better procedure, please post so I can use it too.

Why would you like to access your router? Why not computer connected to router? I don’t think there is any program by which one can remotely access a router. I have heard remotely accessing computers through router using various tools such as gosupportnow, Logmeinrescue, GoToMyPC etc. People even access computers remotely by deploying on premise RHUB or Bomgar remote support appliances.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!