What's new

remote pc and mini ipad video streaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heehee62

Occasional Visitor
I'm trying to decide whether to put a new DS213 I'm buying in my mom's house or in mine. Which would you recommend?

She uses only a mini ipad and I use only a win 8.1 asus ux31a touch laptop. We both want to watch 1080p videos off the NAS.

Is there a big difference in ease and speed in terms of remote video streaming between a mobile device like the mini-ipad and a win 8.1 laptop like mine?

Thanks.

I'm trying to decide whether to put a new DS213 I'm buying in my mom's house or in mine. Which would you recommend?

She uses only a mini ipad and I use only a win 8.1 asus ux31a touch laptop. We both want to watch 1080p videos off the NAS.

Is there a big difference in ease and speed in terms of remote video streaming between a mobile device like the mini-ipad and a win 8.1 laptop like mine?

Thanks.
This is foremost a question of the internet service provider's UPSTREAM speed. Some cable modems (like mine) are restricted to 1Mbps though the downstream is 15-20Mbps. The home with the NAS will be limited by that ISP's uplink speed.

If she has only an iPAD mini, I'd put the NAS at your house. But sharing that over the internet to her is a hassle.

1080p - not realistic. 1080i, possible. iPAD mini's display isn't that many pixels anyway.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!