What's new

restarting dnsmasq triggers a flood of tokio-runtime warnings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Something installed on your router has created the '/jffs/scripts/dnsmasq' script which is run instead of the '/usr/sbin/dnsmasq'.
This forces the line '(sleep 10 && /jffs/statsd) &' to be run everytime 'dnsmasq' is run.
I suspect AdGuardHome. It has an option of redirecting all DNS queries via AdGuardHome as well as choosing AdGuardHome for DNS caching.

I suspect AdGuardHome. It has an option of redirecting all DNS queries via AdGuardHome as well as choosing AdGuardHome for DNS caching.
Sorry but I have never installed AdGuardHome, so do not know any more about it.
I would ask questions on the appropriate forum for AdGuardHome.

It does look somewhat strange to me !!!???

If it were there would be no other way for it to get to the router but via the packages installed by me from opkg sources or delivered by Asus.
No one ever really knows how they get in. I would be resetting to factory defaults, reflashing firmware, and configuring by hand. Take a jffs backup for later forensics.

No one ever really knows how they get in. I would be resetting to factory defaults, reflashing firmware, and configuring by hand. Take a jffs backup for later forensics.
Thank you for your advice.
However, except from these regular tokio-runtime crashes I haven't noticed any unusual traffic or processor loads.
Skynet is running pretty well too. If reconfiguring AdGuardHome doesn't help, I will probably follow your advice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!