What's new

Router for small apartment and one person?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lane

New Around Here
Hey. I've been researching for a few days, but still haven't settled on a wireless router for my apartment. I don't game. I'll stream TV and movies over Netflix or Apple TV sometimes. I video chat sometimes. Other than that, it's pretty basic use. I have a computer, phone, tablet, and TV. I'll be on comcast/xfinity, if that matters.

I'd like to get a good, reliable router, but don't see the need to spend a bunch of money on one that's more powerful than I need. I'm thinking $50-100, but on the lower side if possible.

I know it's a basic question, but THANKS!

go for an AC1750 or AC1900 one. Good brands are ASUS, TP-Link and Netgear. TP-Link ones are the less expensive ones

Hey. I've been researching for a few days, but still haven't settled on a wireless router for my apartment. I don't game. I'll stream TV and movies over Netflix or Apple TV sometimes. I video chat sometimes. Other than that, it's pretty basic use. I have a computer, phone, tablet, and TV. I'll be on comcast/xfinity, if that matters.

I'd like to get a good, reliable router, but don't see the need to spend a bunch of money on one that's more powerful than I need. I'm thinking $50-100, but on the lower side if possible.

I know it's a basic question, but THANKS!

How big is your place? One level? Multi level? Want to cover whole area? most important is placing the router at a best location(you'll find it by some experiment, higher and central)

Thanks.

It's one level. 3 rooms. Router will be in the middle room. No device will be further than 25 feet from the router.

What about ac1200? Pretty slim chance I'll pay for more than 50 mbps within the next 2 years. I was thinking I'd try 25 to start.