What's new

RP-N53 AC Mode question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LaMpiR

Regular Contributor
Hi guys. I am in charge of student dorm internet and currently we have few wrt54gl with ddwrt on it. It is time to replace them. I am looking at RT-AC66U router but to RP-N53 as well. We have a separate access system that regulates net usage and access with mac address but I need an option to use DHCP forwarder. Does RP-N53 support that?
Does even the standard firmware RT-AC66U supports it?(Without ddwrt)

Major difference to justify that much of a price increase? Coming from a wrt54gl, I think 66u would be more then enough.

I think the extra money would be well worth it. The AC68U is a better router hands down and it will more future proof the network also it runs cooler then the AC66U. :)

Got the RT-AC68U. Since we have DHCP server, I've turned it off, wan off, manually setted the ip address and now I can't access it. All other routers have the same range 10.1.1.2-10, used 13 in this case with subnet 255.255.255.0 but when I use DHCP, I get my own IP address from our server. I can access all other routers but this one, no. Have to change my ip manually to something like 10.1.1.40 and then change settings, because I don't have internet then. After that, change back to dhcp automatic.

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U.
To access the settings of RT-AC68U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

Nothing is changed. I can't access it simply.

Last edited: