What's new

RT-AC 87 U wall mountable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

t3olli

New Around Here
Hello,
i read some reviews and everywhere there was said, that the RT-AC 87 is wall mountable. But how? I See no opinion to mount Thema AC 87 in Thema wall. Vor i am blind? So i thinking about switching to The RT 68 U which fits better for me....

My RT-AC87 has mounting holes. Two screws in the wall and done.

Yep, mine is wall mounted using two screws.

a closer look is then shown that there really are holes for hanging ...
Thank you, problem solved:)

The problem is only that the two holes are not enough deep.

Those holes don't look that different from the r7000. Anyway, 2 mounting holes for sure. If there is a will there is a way.

Sent using Tapatalk

Those holes don't look that different from the r7000. Anyway, 2 mounting holes for sure. If there is a will there is a way.
Looking closely at my AC87U I see how the router can be wall mounted. But the problem (now) is that I can't find matching screws for the holes. I tried a few different screws, but the head is too big to fit in the hole.

Looking closely at my AC87U I see how the router can be wall mounted. But the problem (now) is that I can't find matching screws for the holes. I tried a few different screws, but the head is too big to fit in the hole.

Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire and most other hardware stores can help with that.

After much trying I found screws that fit perfectly. After I wall mounted my AC87U I also see in the settings that the temperature of the CPU is a bit lower then before.

Not to be snarky... just about any device can be wall mounted... :D

images.jpg

That being said - yes, it can - and can help performance and cooling - the one caveat would be what's in the wall - if it's old-school plaster/lath construction, the chicken wire in the wall can be a negative impact on performance.

Hi all. I found another novel way to wall mount. If you delicately loosen the two screws in the bottom in the indents and wrap some picture frame wire around and tighten, you can hang the Asus just like a picture!

Attachments

• IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 6,354
  • IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,953
Hi all. I found another novel way to wall mount. If you delicately loosen the two screws in the bottom in the indents and wrap some picture frame wire around and tighten, you can hang the Asus just like a picture!
Only problem horizontal and upside down position of antennas far from optimal for good WiFi connection to clients.

Only problem horizontal and upside down position of antennas far from optimal for good WiFi connection to clients.

And it looks like *... there's no good way to plaster these AIO devices on a wall.

OE

As proof of concept, it is great. Perfect 'out of box' thinking!

The aesthetics can easily be nudged to provide a satisfying end result in any 'decor'. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online