What's new

[RT-AC3100] - Internet Connection is degraded

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elrengo

Regular Contributor
Hi! I'm an owner of RT-AC3100 as principal router and RT-AC66U B1 as access point. I have a Cable Internet connection of 600mb. Most of my devices (Smart TVs, Android TVs, PS3, Nintendo Switch, Computers) have a wired connection to one of the two devices: RT-AC3100 and RT-AC66u B1. Only one Tablet, cellphones, and one pc use Wi-Fi Connection. I do not use a Fiber connection because our ISP does not allow Modem configuration under Bridge to have all control under my RT-AC3100.
I have the RT-AC3100 with the latest firmware. It was installed about a week ago.

I have Internet issues, all my tests under RT-AC3100, on a pc with a wired connection to the router have the same results: between 80Mbps and 95Mbps for downloads and between 71Mbps and 95Mbps for uploads. I use the following Test Sites:

Also, I have the same result using the Speed Test on the RT-AC3100, attached image with result.

If I connect the PC to an ISP Modem (Bridge mode), wired connection, I have no connection issues, all tests show a connection with 600Mbps. and 100Mbps.

I'm monitoring the Network traffic on WLAN connection, attached image, and I have no high Internet consume to identify that behavior in my Internet Speed Results.

In the past, when using the Speed Test feature in Asus Firmware, the result was a mirror of the computer connected to an ISP modem. Today no. I think that I have something in the router, making my Internet very low.

My knowledge cannot allow me to locate the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Speedtest.png
    Speedtest.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Internet Connection.png
    Internet Connection.png
    33 KB · Views: 13
  • Internet Connection 2.png
    Internet Connection 2.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 15
  • System Status.png
    System Status.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 17

Attachments

• Lan Switch Control.png
    Lan Switch Control.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 18
I changed the Ethernet cable and the issue was resolved! Thanks! I do not see it. About the NAT Acceleration, what are the recommendations?

Your WAN port is connected at only 100 Mbps. Replace the ethernet cable between the modem and the router.

I agree...

However - I've had more that a few instances where the fault was not the router, but the modem itself, and doing a restart on the modem fixed things...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!