What's new

RT-AC68U all LAN and WAN ports not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ilya980

New Around Here
Hi,
I recently got another RT-AC68U and none of the LAN and WAN ports are working. I tried various firmware and also looked at the output of
nvram show | grep vlan.*ports | sort
nvram show | grep port.*vlans | sort
and
nvram show | grep vlan.*hwname | sort

Did not see anything suspicious.
When I plug cat5e cable into laptop the NIC green light is solid, yellow light is blinking and respective LAN blue light on the router is blinking. But PC never gets and IP address, the network stays "unidentified" and number of received RX packets is always 0 in the status panel. Forcing PC's IP to 192.168.1.1 did nothing.
Same thing with WAN. The router seems to never talk to the modem and never gets an IP address.
Is there anything else I can try? Can bad firmware or CFE flash destroy/disable LAN/WAN ports? Otherwise the router seems to run fine, but only as a wireless repeater.

Thanks.

Hi,
I recently got another RT-AC68U and none of the LAN and WAN ports are working. I tried various firmware and also looked at the output of
nvram show | grep vlan.*ports | sort
nvram show | grep port.*vlans | sort
and
nvram show | grep vlan.*hwname | sort

Did not see anything suspicious.
When I plug cat5e cable into laptop the NIC green light is solid, yellow light is blinking and respective LAN blue light on the router is blinking. But PC never gets and IP address, the network stays "unidentified" and number of received RX packets is always 0 in the status panel. Forcing PC's IP to 192.168.1.1 did nothing.
Same thing with WAN. The router seems to never talk to the modem and never gets an IP address.
Is there anything else I can try? Can bad firmware or CFE flash destroy/disable LAN/WAN ports? Otherwise the router seems to run fine, but only as a wireless repeater.

Thanks.

Sounds like this was a previously used router?

I would recommend following my M&M Config guide, please see the link in my signature below.

Specifically, I would reset the router to factory defaults, enable and proceed with the format the jffs partition on next reboot option, perform a WPS NVRAM erase, flash the latest firmware available for the router (I would recommend RMerlin's Asuswrt fork) and then repeat these steps once more (yes, even reflashing the same firmware). That should bring your router to a good/known state which doesn't seem to be the case right now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!