What's new

RT-AC68U C1 can't enable FA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

interconnect

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I did some searching and couldn't find a definitive answer on this. Just got a new RT-AC68U rev. C1 and can't enable FA nat acceleration. I read some threads that said that it's not supported on the AC68U, however I've been able to enable it on my AC68U rev. B1 in the past. So is it possible? Am I missing something? Thanks.

Pretty sure the firmware for the later rev processors have FA mode disabled (maybe a conflict with some of the TrendMicro code?). So...
AC68U-A1 = no FA,
some B1 supports FA (B1 used multiple rev processors),
C1 = no FA. (C1 uses a different SDK).

Thanks for the info, that seems to make sense. I wonder how essential FA is; I was able to transfer ~900 Mbps across my network with just CTF. Is CTF and FA only for WAN to LAN and LAN to WAN traffic?

I intentionally turn off FA by enabling AiProtection. Otherwise the traffic monitor doesn't correctly log my traffic. I can get 940 Mbps WAN<>LAN speeds with only CTF albeit pegging the cpu at 100%. I'm curious how cpu intensive AiProtection is and if there are other, less cpu intensive ways to turn off FA.

Turning on Traffic Statistics and rebooting also disables FA. FA is flaky...sometimes (but not always) interferes with loading web pages (slower inconsistent loading), HBO Go on my Roku, and other oddities. When the symptoms appear, they appear everywhere. Rebooting the router doesn't help...disabling FA always settles things down. Like others I get 940 down with just CTF so I leave FA off on my 68U.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!