What's new

RT-AC68U quick USB drive question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

taz291819

Occasional Visitor
I'm currently using the stock firmware and have my 4TB drive connected to the USB 3.0 port and working properly as a SAMBA share.

But my question is, how can I quickly move files from one folder to another folder on the same drive (not meaning copying from a different drive)?

When I access the drive using either a Mac or PC, and move a file from one folder to another, it's moving it at about 15MB/s, which means to me that it's moving it back to the PC (or Mac) first, then moving it to the folder I want it in. Simply moving the file from folder to folder should be near instantaneous, as the file isn't actually "moving".

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it works? FWIW, I'm not doing a copy/paste between the folders, I have two windows open and am dragging and dropping from one to the other.

If I need to install Merlin's firmware, that's not an issue, as I planned to give that a go anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!