What's new

RT-AC68U upgrade??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unique904

Occasional Visitor
Just wanting some much needed advice , I have the option of upgrading to the ac68u I currently have the ac66u with merlins firmware and run program's such as pyload.
I want to know if its going to cause issues as I am reading mixed reports over issues with USB 3.0 devices and WIFI and the last thing I want to do is loose performance over my large network and can't afford wifi drop outs regularly.

i'd be very appreciate if someone with knowledge of these devices would give me the much needed advice

Thanks

i recomend getting the r7000, amazing usb 3 performance and just slightly better wifi

I'm 2 weeks in and no dropouts on the AC68U

My connected drive is USB 2.0 and no major issues there except that the mount point sometimes changes from sda to sdb if I reboot

i recomend getting the r7000, amazing usb 3 performance and just slightly better wifi

I have no trouble hitting 50 MB/s with my RT-AC68U and a 2.5" USB3 HDD>

Personally went for the Asus because I have too many Netgear paperweights. Some completely lack any kind of recovery mode, or take an image via TFTP and not flash it, etc. Wasn't about to find out what the R7000 was like in that regard and haven't seen any reviews mention that aspect. No such worries when flashing the AC68U.

amazing usb 3 performance without xhci and paragon ntfs modules, right ?
just another fairy tail :/ stop writing "stories" :/

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!