What's new

Solved RT-AX86U Pro log repeats "WAN_Connection: WAN was restored" while red light keeps on and no Internet connection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since the system log reports it (see below): What is the content of "/jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add" ?
  • When I nano the content, it's empty?
  • What should be added there?
By default AFAIK its usually empty (eta: if it exists at all). If you use YazDHCP, you may see the following entries in the dnsmasq.conf.add file.
https://github.com/jackyaz/YazDHCP?tab=readme-ov-file#changes-made-to-dnsmasq-configuration
Code:
addn-hosts=/jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/.hostnames # YazDHCP_hostnames
dhcp-hostsfile=/jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/.staticlist # YazDHCP_staticlist
dhcp-optsfile=/jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/.optionslist # YazDHCP_optionslist

Last edited:
By default, this file is empty, isn't it?
By default the file doesn't exist. Trying to edit a non-existent file will open a new empty file. Or, having installed and then removed some third-party addons may leave behind an existent but empty file.

I really think that you should rule out that the issue isn't the same one addressed by:
The situation for which I wrote the script seems very similar - at exactly every 48 hours my modem would drop the ethernet link momentarily to trigger a downstream refresh, but the Asus router wouldn't pick up on this, resulting in loss of internet connectivity. The script monitors for this signal and effects the necessary refresh.

Last edited:
Update: As it seems switching the cable modem fixed my issues.

Since then my Asus router no longer lost the WAN connection.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!