What's new

RT-AX88U Hard Reset.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kinnyr900

New Around Here
Okay I have the Rt-AX88U PRO router because My cable provider xfinity updated my speed to 2.5 Gig. so I needed a router that had a 2.5 gigwan and lan port. Now I only use this router hardwired I have the wireless kept on because I use my phone with it at home so I don't have to use my mobile minutes when I'm at home. I have Merlin third party firmware 388.2 beta 2 firmware. But I have not done a hard reset of the modem. Should I do a hard reset. Does it make a difference in performance or speed or anything Like that. Also Can I overclock this router with The merlin third party firmware? Are there any speed tweaks or performance tweaks that you could recommend with this router? Even though I'm using it hard wired?

Thanks

Okay I have the Rt-AX88U PRO router because My cable provider xfinity updated my speed to 2.5 Gig. so I needed a router that had a 2.5 gigwan and lan port. Now I only use this router hardwired I have the wireless kept on because I use my phone with it at home so I don't have to use my mobile minutes when I'm at home. I have Merlin third party firmware 388.2 beta 2 firmware. But I have not done a hard reset of the modem. Should I do a hard reset. Does it make a difference in performance or speed or anything Like that. Also Can I overclock this router with The merlin third party firmware? Are there any speed tweaks or performance tweaks that you could recommend with this router? Even though I'm using it hard wired?

Thanks

No overclocking that I'm aware of. These routers are so heat sensitive as it is it wouldn't be a good idea anyway.

Are you not getting full throughput? If you have QOS, traffic statistics, or trend micro (aiprotection) enabled those will significantly impact performance. Or your PC may not be capable of 2.5G of throughput

If the code that came on the router was 388 you probably don't need to factory reset, but if you don't mind spending the time, it certainly can't hurt. I'm assuming that's what you mean by hard reset of the modem (router). The modem if you have one should not need any reset other than power cycle every now and then if something isn't working right.