What's new

RT-AX88U - WIFI networks no longer working.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KirtwoodSmith

New Around Here
Hello all,
I have an RT-AX88U running Asuwrt-Merlin Firmware version 3004.388.4. Everything has worked fine for over a year and then the other day while I was at lunch the WIFI networks ceased to exist. both the 2.4G and 5G channels are no longer broadcasting their SSIDs, are unreachable via a manual WIFI setup and the 5G network is always on control channel zero 0. I've tried a factory reset to default via the administration tools and using the reset button on the router. I've also tried reloading loading the current version of the Asuwrt-Merlin Firmware and reverting back to factory firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388_24198. None of the factory resets or firmware reloads had any effect on restoring the WIFI. Did my WIFI chip get fried or something?

Hello all,
I have an RT-AX88U running Asuwrt-Merlin Firmware version 3004.388.4. Everything has worked fine for over a year and then the other day while I was at lunch the WIFI networks ceased to exist. both the 2.4G and 5G channels are no longer broadcasting their SSIDs, are unreachable via a manual WIFI setup and the 5G network is always on control channel zero 0. I've tried a factory reset to default via the administration tools and using the reset button on the router. I've also tried reloading loading the current version of the Asuwrt-Merlin Firmware and reverting back to factory firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388_24198. None of the factory resets or firmware reloads had any effect on restoring the WIFI. Did my WIFI chip get fried or something?

Sounds like a hardware failure. Could try a different AC/DC power adapter on the router, if you have one. Also, be sure to disconnect everything from the router when testing, in case something connected is messing with it electrically.

OE

Have you tried a hard reset?
1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!